If you have to deliver goods to the customer from different counters/ locations
depending upon the nature of the item, yet you want to maintain single cash/ billing
counter, this feature will be useful for you. You can print KOTs for the items grouped
counter wise on same or various different printers on the network.
HDPOS smart allows you to add more than one network printer interface for printing
KOT in respective kitchen / counters. There are times when you your customer's keep
adding more items to their Invoice and need a print every time. HDPOS smart allows
you to print KOTs for incomplete Invoices. You can print several slips from a single
Kitchen order token can also be thought as work order token. Though it is widely
used in kitchen activities and restaurants, you can use this document for other
work order queries example: packaging, dispatching, customization etc.
KOT is a complete document in itself with its own document number and creation date.
Document number of KOT can have different series of numbers based on different types
of services. This will help you manage your order tokens.
There are additional convenience features with respect to KOT:
- View all KOT made in an Invoice. In sales Invoice management window you will be
able to see a button to view all KOT’s made for selected Invoice.
- Same feature as above is provided to view all KOT’s for estimate documents, advance
- When you want to view all KOT’s created in a date range irrespective of Invoices
associated you can also view that by clicking on another button ‘View all KOTs”
in sales Invoice manager.
- Same functionality as above to view all KOT’s associated with estimate documents
and advance booking documents is also provided in their respective management windows.
- Sometimes it may happen that when KOT gets printed but Invoice never gets generated
or gets cancelled. In these situations you can configure HDPOS smart to not delete
KOTs once printed even if associated Invoices are not generated.
- You can view all KOTs when you click on view all KOTs from Sales Invoice manager
- KOT can also be sent as an SMS to you and your customer at time of creation.
- You can also reprint KOT’s at any time if for some reason due to printer problem
or otherwise KOT did not get printed correctly or if you want to print KOT at a
later time after Invoice was created.
- HDPOS smart also helps you stop malpractices sometimes done in association with
KOT by keeping print count for each KOT.
- In an ideal situation a KOT should have print count of 1.
Read our tutorials on KOT Management: