This is a very powerful feature in HDPOS which allows you to maintain the stock
of the items in different batches. Depending upon your business needs, it can be
used in the following situations:
Used Case 1: To handle price fluctuations of the item.
Sometimes in your business the prices of the items goes up and down but you want
to maintain the stock of the items based on their prices. HDPOS smart allows you
to manage these situations easily by creating a batch for every price change. At
any point of time you can view the stock of individual batch or cumulative batches.
It also provides information of the batch(es) while selling the items so that the
sales person can select the batch that is belonging to a specific price.
Used Case 2: To handle expiry dates of the item.
In some business items do have expiry dates and once it gets expired they cannot
be sold. Every shop owner wants to sell out the stock of the items before they are
getting expired. In such situations batch functionality plays a crucial role for
your business. It has been designed using an intelligent algorithm which allows
you to sale the items on first-in-first-out basis or sale earliest-expiry-date-first
- In HDPOS smart there are two types of batches i) Auto Batch ii) Manual batch.
- Choose Auto Batch for your items if you want to sell in first-in-first-out basis.
- Choose Manual Batch if you want to select the batch of an item while making an invoice
- Maintain different purchase/sales price for each batch.
- Receive and sell your items as per batch.
- Manage your item's Expiry date.
- Sell your items as per Auto batch or Manual Batch.
- If you are manufacturing, manage your raw material as per batch.
- Update the batch details of an item as required.
- View batch wise stock details of an item.
- Search the item's stock that is going to expire in certain number of days.
Read our tutorials on Batch Management: